Some ladies get pregnant on their first try while others have a lot of difficulty trying to conceive (TTC). Below are some helpful resources but most importantly be good to yourself and have fun trying!
- Baby Center’s Ovulation Calculator
- Baby Gaga Lots of TTC information on their forum
- Creating and Nurturing a Family “In my website I hope to provide information and sources for curing infertility and how to increase chances for pregnancy.”
- FertilityFriend “Charting Your Way to Conception”
- Fertility Plus “Your source for information on trying-to-conceive. The majority of content you’ll find on our site is not written by fertility “professionals”, but rather people just like you – women who are trying to get pregnant.”
- Maternal Obesity from All Sides: Rethinking Prevention and Treatment (Science & Sensibility guest blog post written by Pamela Vireday)
- Parent’s Connect TTC Page (run by the lovely Leticia Kruppenbach)
- PCOS – Stories & Resources
- Resolve, The National Infertility Association
- Taking Charge of Your Fertility
A lot of women from Plus Size Mommy Memoirs Facebook page shared that their OB-GYN just told them to lose weight when they weren’t having luck TTC. While even a 5% – 10% weight loss can increase your success rate with getting pregnant it isn’t the only solution. It’s truly important to work with a supportive medical provider from conception to postpartum.