Having a plus size pregnancy? Stop Googling, I’ve got you covered!
There’s so much misinformation about having a plus size pregnancy that it’s hard to know what to truly expect.
Can I have a healthy pregnancy?
Am I high risk because of my size?
When will I start to look pregnant and how can I find cute plus size maternity clothes?
Buy the My Plus Size Pregnancy Guide today to get all the answers!
Hi! I’m Jen McLellan and I’ve been where you are today – plus size, pregnant, and discouraged by all the negative information online. Seven years ago I set out to change the conversation about plus size pregnancy by starting my blog, Plus Mommy which has grown to a community of over 177,000 plus size women on Facebook.
As a childbirth educator, public speaker and published author, I’ve supported thousands of women by providing positive information to empower healthy decision making during pregnancy. Within this guide, I’m sharing all I’ve learned about plus size pregnancy. Future guides will cover trying to conceive, birth, and postpartum.
I think it’s really important to talk about the realities of being plus size and pregnant. The options for nursing bras, maternity, belly bands & books are so minuscule that it’s insulting. I knew it was frustrating but had no idea until I found myself pregnant and searching for things and answers that didn’t exist until I connected with Plus Size Birth. Jen’s resources and support helped me throughout my pregnancy.Tess Holliday
Take a look inside the My Plus Size Pregnancy Guide…
- Embrace your bump and develop a new appreciation for your body
- What’s a B belly? (hint: it’s completely normal)
- Get tips for finding plus size maternity clothes, belly bands, and nursing bras
- Realistic information about increased risks, how to reduce your risks and make informed decisions
- Have a clear understanding of what to expect during prenatal visits and additional testing when you’re plus size and pregnant
- Start to look at nutrition in a new light
- Physical activity can be fun throughout pregnancy and I can’t wait to tell you how
- Working with a size friendly care provider is a game changer – learn how to connect with one!
- Gain an understanding of the benefits of hiring a doula and how they can support you and your family
- And so much more!
Worksheets & Templates
- Body Image Activity
- Maternity Photographer Inquiry E-mail Template
- My Weekly Healthy Habits Checklist
- BRAIN Tool
- 15 Questions to Ask When Hiring a Size Friendly Care Provider
- 5 Questions to Ask When Selecting a Birth Location
- Doula Inquiry E-mail Template
What can I expect?
- Gain a clear understanding of what you can expect when you’re plus size and pregnant.
- Learn how to reduce your increased risks and what activities you can do to start feeling better about your body today
- Use the provided list of questions at your next appointment to make sure you have the size friendly healthcare provider you deserve. You’ll also be able to use insider tips to pick up on signs that a prospective provider might not be size friendly.
- Be empowered with clear action steps for eating healthy and being physically active throughout your pregnancy.
- You can tap into these powerful resources and start using them at any point in your pregnancy!
What people are saying…
This guide is wonderful and I’m grateful to have found it. I’ve learned things that I never gave much thought to in my first pregnancy, but that have made this second pregnancy much easier, and empowered me to have the pregnancy and birth that I want. It’s given me the tools I need to make this my own experience and not fall into the “obese pregnancy” trap that some providers set. Thank you, Jen, for compiling such great resources to keep at my fingertips!Megan Nelson
I had several “ah-ha!” moments reading this book–I realized there was so much I didn’t know I didn’t know about plus-size pregnancy! I am so grateful to Jen for giving me and other advocates invaluable insight into the unique needs and experiences of plus-size women. There is no doubt it’s broadened my perspective, knowledge base, and compassion.Cristen Pascucci
This guide is such an AMAZING resource and is unlike anything else that is out there! It is comprehensive but not overwhelming. It is enjoyable to read while also presenting a wealth of important information. This guide will help women to have more empowered, positive pregnancy experiences by covering all the topics they need to know about to advocate for themselves and understand what is going on with their bodies. I truly feel that all pregnant mamas who are plus size would benefit greatly from reading this guide!Jasmine Schrader
Hands down the BEST $19 I have ever spent. I feel lots better about being pregnant now! THANK YOU Jen!Tonia Best
Are you ready to feel empowered and learn everything there is to know about having a plus size pregnancy?
My Plus Size Pregnancy Guide
- My Plus Size Pregnancy Guide 89 page PDF
- Downloadable worksheets and e-mail templates
- Access to a private Facebook group
How long is the guide?
The My Plus Size Pregnancy Guide is a 89 page PDF that you can read on your computer, phone, or tablet. It’s a length long enough to cover everything you’d need to know about having a plus size pregnancy but not so long that you can’t read it in a very reasonable amount of time. You not only get the guide, but also additional tools and resources you’ll be able to download from a private link just for people who purchase it!
Where does the information in your guide come from?
Over the past 7 years I’ve been asked the same set of questions over and over again. I felt it was time to pour everything into this guide. It was important to me to not only answer the popular questions but dive into topics that I’ve learned can help women to have a healthy and empowered plus size pregnancy. As a childbirth educator, it’s important to me that all of the information included within these materials is evidence-based. There are over 20 peer-reviewed studies sited throughout the guide.
What makes Jen McLellan an expert on plus size pregnancy?
I’m a childbirth educator, author and trained postpartum doula who travels the country speaking to birth professionals about supporting plus size birth. Over the past 7 years, I’ve supported thousands of plus size women via my blog, the Plus Mommy Facebook page, and my private Facebook forum. With that said, I’m first and foremost a mother. I’ve personally experienced a very healthy plus size pregnancy and transformative natural childbirth. Those experiences changed my life and made me an advocate for other plus size women, regardless of the type of birth they want to have.
Why should I buy this guide?
If you are trying to conceive or pregnant while plus size, then I’m willing to bet you’ve spent time on the internet. You’ve probably read that you will develop complications and this may have impacted your belief in your body’s ability to grow a baby. It’s very true that there are increased risks that plus size women face, and they are addressed within the guide and course, but I also talk about how you can reduce your risks as well as help you to see your body as truly amazing! I dive into not only the fun topics like plus size maternity clothes but the things people don’t often address — like what if you can’t reach to wipe yourself anymore or you have no desire for your partner right now. I also spend a lot of time on body image, since having a plus size pregnancy is different and you might find yourself struggling in this area. I believe you need this guide because it’s all of the information I wish I would’ve had when I was plus size and pregnant. Knowing what to truly expect and how to be a good advocate for yourself is worth far more than what I’m charging for this much-needed resource!
I'm almost done with my pregnancy, or a second time mom, should I buy this guide?
Yes! I’d say it’s never too late to get your hands on the information included in this guide. There are helpful tips from nutrition to physical activity that will last well beyond pregnancy. As well as the critical information on how to hire a size friendly care provider. When it comes to moms, it’s important to note that every pregnancy and every birth is different! While you sure are an expert in your own right, I believe you’ll truly benefit from this guide.
What if I'm unhappy with the guide?
I would never want you to be unhappy! If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, contact me in the first 30 days and I will give you a full refund.