Vaginal birth after caesarean (VBAC) refers to giving birth vaginally after a previous c-section. On this page you'll see VBAC resources and read stories from inspirational moms.
- Cesareans and Vaginal Birth after Cesarean (VBAC) Frequently Asked Questions Index from plus-sizepregnancy.org
- Cut, Stapled, and Mended A book by Roanna Rosewood
- ICAN “To improve maternal-child health by preventing unnecessary cesareans through education, providing support for cesarean recovery, and promoting Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC).”
- The Unnecesarean “Pulling back the curtain on the unnecessary cesarean epidemic.”
- VBAC.com “Provides childbearing women and maternity care professionals access to evidence-based resources, educational materials, and support for VBAC and cesarean prevention.”
- VBAC Facts Don't freak, know the facts.
- VBAC home birth video
- Women of Size and Cesarean Sections: Tips for Avoiding Unnecessary Surgery By, Pamela Vireday
VBAC plus size birth stories below.
They tried to be as reassuring as possible, but let me know another c-section would be a possibility depending on how the next few hours played out. I had silent tears, I prayed, I talked to my body, I talked to my baby, I pretty much begged the universe to let me have this baby vaginally. I eventually drifted off to sleep, too tired to cry or do much of anything else.